Service First Roofing is a family owned business created at the peak of the recent recession,
It is a full service commercial roofing contractor that specializes in preventative maintenance, repair, and new roof installation for:
- Commercial Properties
- Hospitals / Healthcare
- Industrial / Manufacturing Facilities
They are a family oriented company that believes: “Treat people the way you want to be treated.” They view each situation as: “What would we do if this was our building?”
In following these beliefs they have grown the company primarily from referrals by customers and repeat business. Scott Satory the business owner, also won 2012 Gwinnett Chamber’s Pinnacle Small Business Person of the Year Award.
Service First Roofing – Website Feedback
The home page took 30+ seconds to completely load, and the same is the case with the secondary pages of the website.One of the minor factors in Google search ranking is site speed and this has to be improved upon.
How to improve page load time?
- This page has 17 external stylesheets (CSS). Try to combine as many as possible into one style sheet and minify them.
- This page has 7 external background images. Try to reduce the use of images or optimize (reduce file size). You can also try to use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) like CloudFlare.
There are no big design issues with their home page. They have a simple and clean design and great call to action button right in the middle of the page. One small suggestion is to move “The call to actions” a little higher up the page by reducing the size of header images since it is “cutting off” on some monitor screens.
Image: Clean “Call to Action” buttons on Service First website
Missing H1 tag, irrelevant title tag and missing Meta Description tags
These are 3 critical factors for a page ranking for a search keyword, so your webpage should show up when people search for “About Service First Roofing Services” or just “Service First Roofing”.
How to improve on H1 and Title Tags
- Title tag has 10 words and 90 characters. This should be only 70 characters and exactly have the search keywords you want to rank for like “Commercial Roofing Service”
- There are duplicate H1 tags. There should be only one H1 tag on a page
- Meta Description is missing. When someone googles your service this is what shows up in the description.
Image: Meta Description
This text should be some thing you what you want your customers to see for each page and not a generic text. This helps get more clicks from Google searches.
There is also no mention of the 2012 Gwinnett Chamber’s Pinnacle Small Business Person of the Year Award on the home page. This should be mentioned with a picture. This improves a prospective customers trust on Service First Roofing.
How to improve Services Page
Even though the page looks simple and concise, it will be better if you could add second tier web pages for each sub-service you offer. This will add more content to your website, bringing in more traffic and also explain to your customer the services you do more clearly.
Suggested Sub Pages for Second Tier
- Roof Inspections
- Custom Design
- Roof Repairs
- Preventative Roof Maintenance
- Energy Savings
- Environmental Solutions
Ensuring the quality of your site and other SEO factors, will give your business a boost in terms of new referrals.
Learn how to find out the issues on your website and improve them for better Search Engine Ranking using free tools.